CPU is the acronym for Central Processing Unit translated into Spanish as the Central Processing Unit of a computer. The CPU is the brain of a digital system that has the function of handling all the most basic logical and arithmetic operations that the system requires in order to process the desired information and action. Check for more acronyms and abbreviations.
The CPU is a small board or chip that is attached to the motherboard of a computer. The motherboard is the board that contains all the integrated circuits and circuits essential for the operation of any computer.
Computers can have more than one CPU, for example, multicore processors ( multi-core processors) that integrate two CPUs on a single chip or computers formatted to use multiprocessor that incorporate more than one CPU chip to speed up its processing power of information. Today, Intel and AMD are the main CPU manufacturers and because their size has decreased considerably in recent years it has begun to be called microprocessor.
You should not make the mistake of using the acronym CPU to refer to the monitor or to the tower, box or cabinet of the desktop computer that is not the central processing unit but the place where all the important components are located, including your card mother and the CPU.
Chip is an English noun that can mean microprocessor, chip or bit and as a verb it means splintering, breaking or chopping. Among English words, chip is used to refer to a small computational processor and also to the electronic device that is introduced under the skin of an animal that stores information about its identity and its location called subcutaneous microchip.
The word chip has entered our daily life or, at least it has become more familiar, because we are surrounded by computer technology that generally carries some kind of chip inside , be it a device with a microchip or a card with a chip. The chip as a computer term begins to be used when small integrated circuit boards for electronic devices are created in 1960. It is universally adopted in 1967 when the press refers to the small rectangular and square components on the board as ‘chips’.
The motherboards or motherboard are full of these chips such as the Bios chip that acts as an interface between the card and the computer’s operating system and many others that process and execute the functions and programs.
Due to the decrease in the size of the information devices, chip begins to be used to refer to all types of square electronic devices and in the size of ‘ chip ‘, bit or tab such as memories, processors, card devices, etc. The controversial policy of some companies to apply programmed obsolescence on their devices such as printers, laptops, etc. Through a chip that determines its useful life it has also helped to spread the term.
- Meanings of MP3 - According to Abbreviationfinder.org, the acronym MP3 (MP EG Audio Layer- 3) is one of the most searched subjects in these services, second only to “sex”. All this, thanks to the revolution that MP3 caused in the entertainment world, mainly after its great fame on the internet. Such a revolution simply caused the record industry to… Read More »
- Meanings of DoS and DDoS - Those who follow the news on technology and the internet have certainly come across articles citing DoS attacks or DDoS attacks on websites or servers on the Internet. The motivations are the most diverse: protests, fraud attempts, disputes between groups that act online, etc. However, few really know what these actions mean, how they work… Read More »
- Meanings of Alma mater - Alma mater is an expression of Latin that is used to designate, metaphorically, the university. Its literal translation would be ‘mother nutricia’, because soul means ‘that nourishes’, while mater, matris , translates ‘mother’. In this sense, the university is considered as a mother, because it provides its children, the students, with the nourishment of the universal knowledge for the professional exercise. Hence, every regular… Read More »
- Meanings of Aloha - Aloha is a Hawaiian word that serves to greet, say goodbye and desire love and harmony. Aloha is the most used and known word in Hawaii. The word is composed of alo which means “presence” and has to indicate “breathing.” Therefore, aloha literally translates as “presence of breath.” In this sense, aloha is used on the island of Hawaii as a philosophy… Read More »
- Meanings of Alchemy - Alchemy are the experiences of chemical phenomena that precede the scientific method. The objective of alchemy was knowledge about the transmutation of matter, mixed with motivations considered religious or esoteric. The most accepted theory about the etymological origin of the word alchemy is one that is formed with the Arabic prefix al – and the Greek word khyma which means “mixing… Read More »
- Meanings of Altar - Altar is known as a stone that sacrifices to divinity. The word altar is of Latin origin “altare” , of “altus ” which means “elevation”. In pagan religions, altar was a kind of table for sacrifices. On the other hand, in the Christian religion, altar is the table where the mass is celebrated and next to which the prayers… Read More »
- Meanings of Altar of the Dead - The altar of the dead is one of the fundamental elements of the celebration of the Day of the Dead in Mexico. It represents the vision that pre-Hispanic cultures had of death. The altar of the dead consists of several floors where the syncretism of the pre-Hispanic religions merges with the Catholic religion. The basic levels of… Read More »
- Meanings of Otherness - Otherness is called the condition or state of being another or of being different. As such, it applies to the discovery that the other does it and the whole range of images and representations of the other and the us that this entails. The word, as such, comes from the Latin alterĭtas, alteritātis, which in turn derives from the Latin alter, which means ‘other’. For philosophy, otherness is the opposite of identity and… Read More »
- Meanings of Aquarius and Aquarium - Aquarius is the eleventh sign of the zodiac that governs people born between January 21 and February 19. Aquarius is a zodiac constellation located between Capricorn and Pisces. The aquarius sign represents the revolution and its symbol includes water; belongs next to Gemini and Libra to the air element. The man and woman of this zodiac sign can… Read More »