CPU is the acronym for Central Processing Unit translated into Spanish as the Central Processing Unit of a computer. The CPU is the brain of a digital system that has the function of handling all the most basic logical and arithmetic operations that the system requires in order to process the desired information and action. Check for more acronyms and abbreviations.
The CPU is a small board or chip that is attached to the motherboard of a computer. The motherboard is the board that contains all the integrated circuits and circuits essential for the operation of any computer.
Computers can have more than one CPU, for example, multicore processors ( multi-core processors) that integrate two CPUs on a single chip or computers formatted to use multiprocessor that incorporate more than one CPU chip to speed up its processing power of information. Today, Intel and AMD are the main CPU manufacturers and because their size has decreased considerably in recent years it has begun to be called microprocessor.
You should not make the mistake of using the acronym CPU to refer to the monitor or to the tower, box or cabinet of the desktop computer that is not the central processing unit but the place where all the important components are located, including your card mother and the CPU.
Chip is an English noun that can mean microprocessor, chip or bit and as a verb it means splintering, breaking or chopping. Chip is used to refer to a small computational processor and also to the electronic device that is introduced under the skin of an animal that stores information about its identity and its location called subcutaneous microchip.
The word chip has entered our daily life or, at least it has become more familiar, because we are surrounded by computer technology that generally carries some kind of chip inside , be it a device with a microchip or a card with a chip. The chip as a computer term begins to be used when small integrated circuit boards for electronic devices are created in 1960. It is universally adopted in 1967 when the press refers to the small rectangular and square components on the board as ‘chips’.
The motherboards or motherboard are full of these chips such as the Bios chip that acts as an interface between the card and the computer’s operating system and many others that process and execute the functions and programs.
Due to the decrease in the size of the information devices, chip begins to be used to refer to all types of square electronic devices and in the size of ‘ chip ‘, bit or tab such as memories, processors, card devices, etc. The controversial policy of some companies to apply programmed obsolescence on their devices such as printers, laptops, etc. Through a chip that determines its useful life it has also helped to spread the term.
- Meanings of Drug Addiction - The concept of drug addiction arises, according to the dictionary of the Royal Spanish Academy (RAE), from the English notion drug addiction. It is about drug addiction (the habit of a person who allows himself to be dominated by the impulse to consume). According to abbreviationfinder, DAA stands for Drug Addiction and or Alcoholism. Drug dependence involves… Read More »
- How to Get to Salzburg, Austria - According to wholevehicles, Salzburg is a major transport hub, the city has an international airport, bus station and railway station. You can directly get from Russia only by air, but the city is connected with other European countries by bus and railway communication. Flights to Salzburg are on the schedule of the airports of Rostov-on-Don,… Read More »
- Münster, Germany - Münster is a small city in northwestern Germany, located almost at the very border with the Netherlands. It was founded as early as 793 BC. e. and is considered one of the oldest in the country. The main city attraction is the Catholic Bishopric of Münster, founded over 1200 years ago. The city has a… Read More »
- Dayton, Ohio - Downtown Dayton and the Great Miami River. According to mcat-test-centers.com, Dayton is a city in the state of Ohio in the United States. The city has 138,000 inhabitants and a larger agglomeration of 814,000 inhabitants (2021). It is not a very important city, however, as the larger and more famous cities of Cincinnati and Columbus… Read More »
- Saarbrücken, Germany - The city of Saarbrücken is located almost on the border with France. At one time it was the capital of the county of the same name, and then it became a major industrial center, which greatly influenced its appearance. Old baroque houses and gothic churches coexist with factories and combines here. The center of Saarbrücken… Read More »
- Freiburg, Germany - Freiburg is an old city by European standards: it was founded in 1120. The history of all old cities is closely intertwined with legends, and Freiburg is no exception. According to legend, the great humanist Erasmus of Rotterdam and the inventor of gunpowder Bertold Schwartz lived in this city. It is said that the cuckoo… Read More »
- Meanings of Dose - The etymology of dose refers to medieval Latin, although its origin is found in the Greek word dósis (which can be translated as the “act of giving”). A dose is called a portion or an amount of something, whether material (physical) or immaterial (symbolic). For example: “The film needs a dose of suspense”, “The government… Read More »
- Meanings of Guidelines - A guideline is a rule or an instruction that is taken into account to do something. It is also about that which fixes how something will be produced. The guidelines, therefore, lay the foundations for the development of an activity or a project. For example: “The coach gave the captain the guidelines for the team… Read More »
- San Diego, California - According to ehuacom, San Diego is a city in California, United States. The city has 1,382,000 inhabitants, with an agglomeration of 3,286,000 inhabitants (2021). In addition, the agglomeration is intertwined with the Mexican city of Tijuana, which has 1,642,000 inhabitants. In total, the urban area then has 5 million inhabitants, which in the north has… Read More »
- New Orleans, Louisiana - New Orleans City in the United States Location State Louisiana County Orleans Parish Coordinates 29°58’N, 90°6’WL General Surface 907 km² – country 467.6 km² – water 439.4 km² Residents (2020) 383,997 (821 inhabitant/km²) Politics Mayor LaToya Cantrell (D) Website nola.gov New Orleans from the air According to ehuacom, New Orleans (French: La Nouvelle-Orléans, Dutch:… Read More »