CPU is the acronym for Central Processing Unit translated into Spanish as the Central Processing Unit of a computer. The CPU is the brain of a digital system that has the function of handling all the most basic logical and arithmetic operations that the system requires in order to process the desired information and action. Check for more acronyms and abbreviations.
The CPU is a small board or chip that is attached to the motherboard of a computer. The motherboard is the board that contains all the integrated circuits and circuits essential for the operation of any computer.
Computers can have more than one CPU, for example, multicore processors ( multi-core processors) that integrate two CPUs on a single chip or computers formatted to use multiprocessor that incorporate more than one CPU chip to speed up its processing power of information. Today, Intel and AMD are the main CPU manufacturers and because their size has decreased considerably in recent years it has begun to be called microprocessor.
You should not make the mistake of using the acronym CPU to refer to the monitor or to the tower, box or cabinet of the desktop computer that is not the central processing unit but the place where all the important components are located, including your card mother and the CPU.
Chip is an English noun that can mean microprocessor, chip or bit and as a verb it means splintering, breaking or chopping. Chip is used to refer to a small computational processor and also to the electronic device that is introduced under the skin of an animal that stores information about its identity and its location called subcutaneous microchip.
The word chip has entered our daily life or, at least it has become more familiar, because we are surrounded by computer technology that generally carries some kind of chip inside , be it a device with a microchip or a card with a chip. The chip as a computer term begins to be used when small integrated circuit boards for electronic devices are created in 1960. It is universally adopted in 1967 when the press refers to the small rectangular and square components on the board as ‘chips’.
The motherboards or motherboard are full of these chips such as the Bios chip that acts as an interface between the card and the computer’s operating system and many others that process and execute the functions and programs.
Due to the decrease in the size of the information devices, chip begins to be used to refer to all types of square electronic devices and in the size of ‘ chip ‘, bit or tab such as memories, processors, card devices, etc. The controversial policy of some companies to apply programmed obsolescence on their devices such as printers, laptops, etc. Through a chip that determines its useful life it has also helped to spread the term.
- Meanings of Glaucoma - The disease glaucoma, which is also known colloquially as glaucoma, is one of the eye diseases and is treated by ophthalmologists both on an outpatient and inpatient basis. Green star is to be differentiated from the disease cataract. What is glaucoma? The definition of glaucoma, or glaucoma, is based on the fact that the optic… Read More »
- Meanings of Face Rose - Facial rose is a special form of shingles that usually occurs between the ages of 30 and 50. It can express itself in different degrees of severity and often represents a high psychological burden for those affected. What is a face rose? A facial rose is a skin disease that is triggered by the varicella… Read More »
- Meanings of Uterine Cancer (Endometrial Cancer) - In the early stages, uterine cancer or endometrial cancer is usually easy to treat. Different treatment methods are possible depending on the patient. The uterine cancer should not be confused with the cervical cancer . What is Uterine Cancer? In medicine, uterine cancer is also known as endometrial cancer. The term endometrial carcinoma is derived… Read More »
- Meanings of Dubowitz Syndrome - The Dubowitz syndrome is a rare hereditary disease, which is associated with symptoms such as short stature and facial malformations. The disease was named after the British child neurologist Victor Dubowitz. What is Dubowitz Syndrome? Victor Dubowitz described Dubowitz syndrome for the first time in 1965. The disease is an autosomal recessive [[hereditary diseases |… Read More »
- Meanings of Diabetic Retinopathy - The diabetic retinopathy is a by the metabolic disease is diabetes mellitus induced damage to the retina of the eye (retina). What is Diabetic Retinopathy? Abbreviated as DR on abbreviationfinder, diabetic retinopathy is a secondary disease of diabetes mellitus. Diabetes mellitus damages the smallest arterial blood vessels through deposits and scarring, so that circulatory disorders… Read More »
- Meanings of Cluster Headache - Cluster headache is characterized by periodically occurring unilateral pain attacks of extreme intensity in the area of the temples and eyes, which primarily affect young men. Due to the so far unexplained etiology of cluster headache, there are no causal therapies (therapy aimed at the causes). However, if therapy is started early, cluster headaches can… Read More »
- Meanings of Delirium - The Delirium is a state of mental confusion. People who suffer from it lose their cognitive and mental abilities, among other things, and must be treated immediately. Delirium can also be prevented. What is delirium? According to DigoPaul, delirium is a state of mental confusion. Those affected suffer from disorders of consciousness and the ability… Read More »
- Meanings of Burnett Syndrome - Patients of Burnett’s syndrome suffer from an excessive supply of calcium and alkalis, which often goes back to appropriate dietary supplements. It is also known as milk-alkali syndrome. In addition to calcium deposits in the conjunctiva and corneas, symptomatic ataxia, nausea and vomiting can occur. What is Burnett Syndrome? Burnett’s syndrome is also known as… Read More »
- Meanings of Cholinergic Crisis - The cholinergic crisis is triggered by an overdose of cholinesterase inhibitors. It is characterized by acute muscle weakness and nicotine-like side effects. What is a cholinergic crisis? A cholinergic crisis occurs when there is an oversupply of acetylcholine. Acetylcholine is a biogenic amine that acts as a neurotransmitter in the body. The neurotransmitter is found… Read More »
- Meanings of Bickerstaff Encephalitis - When Bickerstaff’s encephalitis is a disease that is associated with inflammation in the brain stem. In addition, the nerves of the brain are impaired by Bickerstaff encephalitis, so that the patients usually suffer serious disorders of consciousness. Recently, medicine has been investigating the connection between Bickerstaff encephalitis and Miller-Fisher syndrome. What is Bickerstaff encephalitis? The… Read More »