CPU is the acronym for Central Processing Unit translated into Spanish as the Central Processing Unit of a computer. The CPU is the brain of a digital system that has the function of handling all the most basic logical and arithmetic operations that the system requires in order to process the desired information and action. Check for more acronyms and abbreviations.
The CPU is a small board or chip that is attached to the motherboard of a computer. The motherboard is the board that contains all the integrated circuits and circuits essential for the operation of any computer.
Computers can have more than one CPU, for example, multicore processors ( multi-core processors) that integrate two CPUs on a single chip or computers formatted to use multiprocessor that incorporate more than one CPU chip to speed up its processing power of information. Today, Intel and AMD are the main CPU manufacturers and because their size has decreased considerably in recent years it has begun to be called microprocessor.
You should not make the mistake of using the acronym CPU to refer to the monitor or to the tower, box or cabinet of the desktop computer that is not the central processing unit but the place where all the important components are located, including your card mother and the CPU.
Chip is an English noun that can mean microprocessor, chip or bit and as a verb it means splintering, breaking or chopping. Among English words, chip is used to refer to a small computational processor and also to the electronic device that is introduced under the skin of an animal that stores information about its identity and its location called subcutaneous microchip.
The word chip has entered our daily life or, at least it has become more familiar, because we are surrounded by computer technology that generally carries some kind of chip inside , be it a device with a microchip or a card with a chip. The chip as a computer term begins to be used when small integrated circuit boards for electronic devices are created in 1960. It is universally adopted in 1967 when the press refers to the small rectangular and square components on the board as ‘chips’.
The motherboards or motherboard are full of these chips such as the Bios chip that acts as an interface between the card and the computer’s operating system and many others that process and execute the functions and programs.
Due to the decrease in the size of the information devices, chip begins to be used to refer to all types of square electronic devices and in the size of ‘ chip ‘, bit or tab such as memories, processors, card devices, etc. The controversial policy of some companies to apply programmed obsolescence on their devices such as printers, laptops, etc. Through a chip that determines its useful life it has also helped to spread the term.
- Meanings of Globalization - Know what globalization is: origins, strengths and weaknesses For the world economy, globalization is a process that takes place with the integration of markets, in which countries’ economies interact with each other. In the economic sphere, globalization has been happening for many years through international trade, especially when European countries were looking for products on… Read More »
- Meanings of Direct Marketing 3 - Is a customer database very important for direct marketing? Direct marketing without data does not work. Direct marketing relies on a lot of data and information. These give you information about this and also what you need to know about potential customers or your existing customers. It is not possible for you to establish direct… Read More »
- Meanings of Direct Marketing 2 - The different instruments in direct marketing Direct marketing not only helps you as a founder to win customers, but also to bind them to you over time and to look after them as regular customers. There are a few instruments available to you that you can use effectively. instrument description e-mail A common instrument in… Read More »
- Meanings of Direct Marketing - As a founder or young entrepreneur, in most cases the focus is on gaining new customers and retaining regular customers . This is not always easy and requires a well-thought-out marketing concept. At the beginning of an entrepreneurship, however, there is often insufficient budget to advertise in newspapers or other media. For this reason, direct… Read More »
- Meanings of Mold Merchant 2 - Commercial business management We have already summarized some of the merchant’s rights and obligations and what the merchant should actually do must also be mentioned. The focus is on all transactions that the merchant conducts within the framework of the commercial enterprise. These so-called ” legal transactions customary in the industry ” that are concluded… Read More »
- Meanings of Mold Merchant 1 - In connection with different types of company, the terms “legal persons” or “form merchant” are often used . In this article, we’ll show you what that means exactly and what subtleties need to be considered. In addition, we go into the various forms of merchants and also discuss the obligations that result for you and… Read More »
- Meanings of Utility Model - The protection of utility models is no longer just practical for hobby inventors, but an important tool for companies that want to protect innovations they have developed themselves. In this article we will therefore show you what exactly a utility model protection is, how it is applied and what possibilities arise from it. Utility model… Read More »
- Meanings of Warranty - If there is a nasty surprise after the purchase and the goods are defective, everyone should know what to do. Did you know that the seller is obliged to replace the goods? The legal guarantee ensures that the customer has a right to working articles at all times. Definition of warranty – what is it… Read More »
- Meanings of Expense Report - Especially with business trips there are expenses that the employee takes on in the current situation. However, he can later claim this in the form of an expense report. As a self-employed person, you can also settle expenses that you first paid privately. We have clearly put together for you how expense reports work and… Read More »
- Meanings of Manatee - The manatee is a large and heavy animal. The manatee lives in the sea, hence the name “lake” cow. It lives along the east coast of North America, in the Caribbean Sea and on the northern shores of South America. The manatee swims in both salt water and fresh water. It also lives along the… Read More »