CPU is the acronym for Central Processing Unit translated into Spanish as the Central Processing Unit of a computer. The CPU is the brain of a digital system that has the function of handling all the most basic logical and arithmetic operations that the system requires in order to process the desired information and action. Check for more acronyms and abbreviations.
The CPU is a small board or chip that is attached to the motherboard of a computer. The motherboard is the board that contains all the integrated circuits and circuits essential for the operation of any computer.
Computers can have more than one CPU, for example, multicore processors ( multi-core processors) that integrate two CPUs on a single chip or computers formatted to use multiprocessor that incorporate more than one CPU chip to speed up its processing power of information. Today, Intel and AMD are the main CPU manufacturers and because their size has decreased considerably in recent years it has begun to be called microprocessor.
You should not make the mistake of using the acronym CPU to refer to the monitor or to the tower, box or cabinet of the desktop computer that is not the central processing unit but the place where all the important components are located, including your card mother and the CPU.
Chip is an English noun that can mean microprocessor, chip or bit and as a verb it means splintering, breaking or chopping. Among English words, chip is used to refer to a small computational processor and also to the electronic device that is introduced under the skin of an animal that stores information about its identity and its location called subcutaneous microchip.
The word chip has entered our daily life or, at least it has become more familiar, because we are surrounded by computer technology that generally carries some kind of chip inside , be it a device with a microchip or a card with a chip. The chip as a computer term begins to be used when small integrated circuit boards for electronic devices are created in 1960. It is universally adopted in 1967 when the press refers to the small rectangular and square components on the board as ‘chips’.
The motherboards or motherboard are full of these chips such as the Bios chip that acts as an interface between the card and the computer’s operating system and many others that process and execute the functions and programs.
Due to the decrease in the size of the information devices, chip begins to be used to refer to all types of square electronic devices and in the size of ‘ chip ‘, bit or tab such as memories, processors, card devices, etc. The controversial policy of some companies to apply programmed obsolescence on their devices such as printers, laptops, etc. Through a chip that determines its useful life it has also helped to spread the term.
- Meanings of Accommodation - Accommodation is the action and effect of lodging or staying (hosting, lodging, placing one thing within another). The most frequent use of the term is linked to the place where people spend the night or camp, generally in the middle of a trip or during vacations. The hotels, lodges and inns are types of accommodation… Read More »
- Meanings of Alignment - It is known as alignment to the act and the result of aligning (placing elements in a straight line; adhering to a trend or doctrine; making an athlete be part of the lines of his team in a certain encounter). Alignment, according to Digopaul, can refer to a certain order or organization of objects or… Read More »
- Meanings of Food - Food is what living beings eat and drink for their subsistence. The term comes from the Latin alimentary and allows us to name each of the solid or liquid substances that nourish humans, plants or animals. In addition to all this, it is important to know that foods can be classified into several types. However,… Read More »
- Meanings of Healthy - Food is called the act and the consequence of feeding or feeding: that is, supplying food to a living being or supplying energy to machinery. When a person ingests food, they eat and start the process called digestion, which allows them to convert food into nutrients that the body needs for its operation. Healthy, meanwhile,… Read More »
- Meanings of SAT - If you are planning to apply to a university in the United States, it is vital that you know what the SAT exam consists of and why it is necessary for your admission process. What is the SAT? According to Abbreviationfinder, it is one of the two standardized college admissions tests in the US (the… Read More »
- Meanings of GRE, GMAT and TOEFL - Registration and payment for all these exams is done only online and directly with the organizations that host each exam through their websites. In these websites you will also find the official and updated information about the exam and the dates available to take it are published and / or managed. The GRE (Graduate Record… Read More »
- Meanings of TOEIC - What is TOEIC? Produced since 1979 by Educational Testing Service (ETS), the leading US organization in educational research and assessment processes, the TOEIC® test is an international certification to measure the level of English and diagnose the oral and written comprehension of non-native English speakers. According to Abbreviationfinder, TOEIC stands for Test Of English for International… Read More »
- Meanings of Windowsill - The first thing we have to establish is the etymological origin of the term sill in order to discover its meaning. Specifically, we can determine that it is a word that derives from the Hispanic Arabic, more exactly from “al-hayza”. This word, in turn, comes from the Arabic “hayyiz”, which can be translated as “space”.… Read More »
- Meanings of Ensign - The classical Arabic word fāris, which can be translated as “gentleman,” was derived in Spanish Arabic alfáris. This term later came to our language as ensign: the officer who, in certain armed forces, has the lowest rank. According to Digopaul, the concept of ensign arose in the Iberian Peninsula, where it was used with reference… Read More »
- Meanings of Bishop - The bishop is one of the chess pieces. With respect to your movements, you can go forward or backward diagonally through all the free squares. It should be remembered that chess is a game whose games are played on a board divided into sixty-four squares or squares. Chess pits two players against each other. Each… Read More »