CPU is the acronym for Central Processing Unit translated into Spanish as the Central Processing Unit of a computer. The CPU is the brain of a digital system that has the function of handling all the most basic logical and arithmetic operations that the system requires in order to process the desired information and action. Check for more acronyms and abbreviations.
The CPU is a small board or chip that is attached to the motherboard of a computer. The motherboard is the board that contains all the integrated circuits and circuits essential for the operation of any computer.
Computers can have more than one CPU, for example, multicore processors ( multi-core processors) that integrate two CPUs on a single chip or computers formatted to use multiprocessor that incorporate more than one CPU chip to speed up its processing power of information. Today, Intel and AMD are the main CPU manufacturers and because their size has decreased considerably in recent years it has begun to be called microprocessor.
You should not make the mistake of using the acronym CPU to refer to the monitor or to the tower, box or cabinet of the desktop computer that is not the central processing unit but the place where all the important components are located, including your card mother and the CPU.
Chip is an English noun that can mean microprocessor, chip or bit and as a verb it means splintering, breaking or chopping. Chip is used to refer to a small computational processor and also to the electronic device that is introduced under the skin of an animal that stores information about its identity and its location called subcutaneous microchip.
The word chip has entered our daily life or, at least it has become more familiar, because we are surrounded by computer technology that generally carries some kind of chip inside , be it a device with a microchip or a card with a chip. The chip as a computer term begins to be used when small integrated circuit boards for electronic devices are created in 1960. It is universally adopted in 1967 when the press refers to the small rectangular and square components on the board as ‘chips’.
The motherboards or motherboard are full of these chips such as the Bios chip that acts as an interface between the card and the computer’s operating system and many others that process and execute the functions and programs.
Due to the decrease in the size of the information devices, chip begins to be used to refer to all types of square electronic devices and in the size of ‘ chip ‘, bit or tab such as memories, processors, card devices, etc. The controversial policy of some companies to apply programmed obsolescence on their devices such as printers, laptops, etc. Through a chip that determines its useful life it has also helped to spread the term.
- Meanings of Milk Protein Allergy - Milk protein allergy or cow’s milk allergy mainly affects infants and children. Milk protein allergy often heals spontaneously but requires special diets. It is also to be differentiated from lactose intolerance. What is a milk protein allergy? Milk protein allergy is also known as cow ‘s milk or milk allergy. Above all, milk protein allergy… Read More »
- Meanings of Intersex - There are people who cannot be clearly assigned to any gender. They carry characteristics of both genders and fall within the concept of intersexuality. In Greek mythology they were referred to as hermaphrodites. What is intersex? If there is a faulty sperm production and a sperm with expressions of both sexes fertilizes an egg cell, it… Read More »
- Meanings of Hangover (Alcohol Intoxication) - A hangover (alcohol intoxication) is a mood disorder that begins with severe discomfort, headaches and nausea after heavy alcohol consumption. Most hangovers don’t appear until the next day or a few hours after drinking alcohol. A hangover is to be distinguished from alcohol poisoning. What is a hangover (alcohol intoxication)? If various health problems occur after excessive… Read More »
- Meanings of Liver Cirrhosis - Liver cirrhosis, or liver shrinkage, is a chronic, progressive disease of the liver. One also speaks of a destruction of the liver, which is mostly holistically affected. In particular, the liver lobules are destroyed and converted into connective tissue. Liver cirrhosis can also be an end stage of other liver diseases. Men between the ages… Read More »
- Meanings of Lagophthalmos - Lagophthalmos is the term for an incomplete lid closure of the eye. Sometimes the symptom leads to a widening of the lid gap. What is lagophthalmos? In some cases, however, lagophthalmos is caused by scars that result in a shortening of the eyelids. Lagophthalmos is an incomplete closure of the eyelid. The symptoms fall into… Read More »
- Meanings of Periosteum Inflammation - Periosteum inflammation or periostitis affects the periosteum covering the bone. The disease, which is caused by various causes, can be completely cured in most cases with professional treatment. What is periosteum inflammation? Periostitis can lead to various health problems and, in isolated cases, cause serious complications. Irrespective of where the periosteum inflammation occurs, severe, mostly… Read More »
- Meanings of Hypochondria - Hypochondria is a serious mental disorder. Those affected are firmly convinced that they are suffering from a serious illness, without this having been confirmed by a medical diagnosis. Those affected are usually very aware of their behavior, but still cannot control their fears. What is hypochondria? Hypochondriacs often conduct extensive self-research into specific illnesses, symptoms,… Read More »
- Meanings of CP - According to abbreviationfinder, CP stands for colonic polyp. A colon polyp is a colon polyp. This refers to protrusions on the intestinal mucosa. What are colon polyps? Because colon polyps are at risk of developing into cancerous tumors, treatment consists of removing the tumors. This can often be done during the first colonoscopy. Colonic polyps are polyps… Read More »
- Meanings of PT - According to abbreviationfinder, PT stands for pituitary tumor. A pituitary tumor is a predominantly benign growth of the pituitary gland that accounts for about 30 to 40 percent of brain tumors. Pituitary tumors are usually easy to treat thanks to modern microsurgical techniques. What is a pituitary tumor? Schematic representation of the location of a brain… Read More »
- Meanings of Cut - According to DigoPaul, cut is the action and effect of cutting. This verb refers to dividing something with a cutting instrument or giving it a certain shape with scissors or tools. For example: “I am going to cut the pizza: please prepare your dishes”, “The tree was not cut very precisely and ended up damaging… Read More »