- Test Location: Garhwal (India)
- Number of nights: 7 tent, one in an ashram, and two in an unheated hotel
- Conditions: sunny and dry throughout; few nights rather cold and windy.
- Clothing: thermal underwear on the bust
- T °: night temperatures between 17 and -3 ° C
- Type of bag: goose down 93/7
- Shell: He30rs 30 g / m2 ripstop DWR water repellent and breathable.
- Cloth: polyamide
- Specifications: EXL system (elastic systems.)-anatomical hood-collar – Partitioning in narrow vertical wall compartment-Zipped opening on ¾ of the sleeping bag-Construction inclined compartments with 5 levels of feet-Comes with a storage case and a compression bag
- Quality of swelling: 750+ cuin (European)
- Filling: 500 g (213 cm) and 550 g (228 cm) goose down (93%)
- Weight (with cover): 950 g in 213 cm and 228 cm 1030 g in accordance with the manufacturer-weighed 1035 g in 228 cm
- compressed volume: 29×19 cm-6.6 liters
- Heat Index (Down weight in kg x cu): 412.5
- Heat Index / weight ratio: 398.5
- Report our comfort temperature / weight: 1
- Report comfort temperature / weight: 1.04
- Heat Index / volume ratio: 62.50
- Report our comfort temperature / volume: 6.41
- Report comfort temperature / volume: 6.60
- Sizes: 213 cm – 228 cm
- Colour: Green
- Manufactured in: China
- Price: € 319.00 in 213 cm and 228 cm € 349.00 in
Temperatures in 13537 (data constructor):
- Comfort: + 0 ° C
- Limit: -6 ° C
- Extreme: -22 ° C
Calculation of comfort temperature: ° C (comfort) = -0.0413 x heat index + 14.1 = -2.94
Points forts :
- Freedom of movement
- weight / heat
- Compression bag and fabric of the sleeping bag with water repellent
Weak points :
- Price above € 300.0
Identical in construction to the model already tested Xero 350 on I-Trekking , sleeping bag Mountain Equipment Xero 550 has a larger down packing. It is warmer by 6.2 ° C when comparing our comfort temperature calculations between the two models, In return, it is a little heavier (251 grams more) and bulkier.
Manufacturing blameless: stitching and quality materials.
Tested in India in tents at temperatures of -3 ° C to + 17 ° C and sometimes during windy nights, the bag showed very good thermal capacity, I never got cold except once after a phone fatigue, in this case, my body was producing more heat, and a sleeping bag in never produced, and yes, to reiterate, it only retain heat that your body discharges,
The bag as his little brother is just as convenient: collar and easily accessible cords, compression bag and watertight sleeping bag, zip double meaning with a wide protective strip to avoid taking the zip into the fabric, and more it is quite comfortable in the bag thanks to EXL system that stretches the fabric,
If not its price above € 300.00, which blame the sleeping bag Mountain Equipment Xero 550?