Round Hill, Virginia is a small town in the Loudoun County of Virginia. It has a population of approximately 2,500 people. The geography of Round Hill is quite diverse, with rolling hills and valleys, as well as some flat areas. The climate in Round Hill ranges from hot summers to cold winters, with temperatures often falling below freezing during the winter months.
The history of Round Hill dates back to the mid-1800s when it was part of the Fauquier County and then became part of Loudoun County in 1836. The economy of Round Hill is largely agricultural and tourism based. There are several small businesses in town that provide employment for the local residents.
Education is important in Round Hill with several public schools and a community college offering courses for students interested in higher education. The public schools offer classes from kindergarten through twelfth grade while the community college offers two-year associate degree programs as well as certification programs.
Round Hill has many landmarks worth visiting including Old Stone Church which was built in 1885, the Round Hill Historic District which includes many buildings from the late 1800s, and Liberty Hall which was built in 1820 and served as a courthouse at one time. Other attractions include hiking trails at nearby Blue Ridge Mountains and shopping at local boutiques and antique stores.
Population: 500. Estimated population in July 2020: 639 (+27.8% change)
Males: 251 (50.2%), Females: 249 (49.8%)
Zip codes: 20141.
Median resident age: 35.8 years
Median household income: $58,929
Median house value: $157,200
Races in Round Hill:
- White Non-Hispanic (90.2%)
- Black (7.2%)
- Hispanic (1.4%)
- Asian Indian (0.6%)
- American Indian (0.6%)
- Two or more races (0.6%)
Ancestries: English (24.8%), German (22.6%), Irish (18.4%), United States (9.8%), Italian (5.8%), French (3.6%).
Land area: 0.2 square miles
Neah Round Hill is a small town located in the beautiful Shenandoah Valley of Virginia. With a population of just over 4,000 people, Neah Round Hill is an idyllic and peaceful place to live. The town is surrounded by rolling hills and lush green forests, making it an ideal spot for outdoor activities such as hiking, fishing, and camping.
The cost of living in Neah Round Hill is relatively low compared to other towns in the area. The median home price is around $150,000 which makes it an affordable option for those looking to buy a home. The average rent for a two-bedroom apartment is approximately $1,000 per month. Groceries are reasonably priced with the average cost of food being about $300 per month for a family of four. Utilities are also quite affordable with the average monthly electric bill being only around $100 and water bills coming in at around $50 per month. There are no sales taxes in Neah Round Hill which makes it even more attractive to those looking to purchase items or services within the town limits.
For population 25 years and over in Round Hill
- High school or higher: 85.7%
- Bachelor’s degree or higher: 30.5%
- Graduate or professional degree: 6.1%
- Unemployed: 2.3%
- Mean travel time to work: 31.3 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Round Hill town
- Never married: 21.7%
- Now married: 66.2%
- Separated: 1.3%
- Widowed: 6.4%
- Divorced: 4.3%
2.8% Foreign born (1.6% Latin America, 1.2% Europe).
Population change in the 1990s: -20 (-3.8%).
Hospitals/medical centers near Round Hill:
- JEFFERSON MEMORIAL HOSPITAL (about 14 miles; RANSON, WV)
- LOUDOUN HOSPITAL CENTER, LANSDOWNE (about 16 miles; LEESBURG, VA)
- PIEDMONT BEHAVIORAL HEALTH CENTER (about 16 miles; LEESBURG, VA)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Round Hill:
- WASHINGTON DULLES INTERNATIONAL (about 27 miles; WASHINGTON, DC; Abbreviation: IAD)
- HAGERSTOWN REGIONAL-RICHARD A HENSON FLD (about 40 miles; HAGERSTOWN, MD; Abbreviation: HGR)
- RONALD REAGAN WASHINGTON NATIONAL (about 55 miles; WASHINGTON, DC; Abbreviation: DCA)
Other public-use airports nearest to Round Hill:
- LEESBURG EXECUTIVE (about 16 miles; LEESBURG, VA; Abbreviation: JYO)
- EASTERN WV REGIONAL/SHEPHERD FLD (about 24 miles; MARTINSBURG, WV; Abbreviation: MRB)
- WINCHESTER REGIONAL (about 26 miles; WINCHESTER, VA; Abbreviation: OKV)
Amtrak station near Round Hill:
- 14 miles: HARPERS FERRY (POTOMAC ST.). Services: enclosed waiting area, public restrooms, public payphones, free short-term parking, free long-term parking, public transit connection.
Colleges and Universities
According to educationvv, Virginia is home to the following higher educational institutes:
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Round Hill:
- SHEPHERD COLLEGE (about 21 miles; Shepherdstown, WV; Full-time enrollment: 3,576)
- SHENANDOAH UNIVERSITY (about 28 miles; WINCHESTER, VA; Full-time enrollment: 2,030)
- FREDERICK COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 32 miles; FREDERICK, MD; Full-time enrollment: 2,407)
- LORD FAIRFAX COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 37 miles; MIDDLETOWN, VA; Full-time enrollment: 2,064)
- GEORGE MASON UNIVERSITY (about 37 miles; FAIRFAX, VA; Full-time enrollment: 16,564)
- MONTGOMERY COLLEGE (about 42 miles; ROCKVILLE, MD; Full-time enrollment: 11,829)
- NORTHERN VIRGINIA COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 44 miles; ANNANDALE, VA; Full-time enrollment: 19,406)
Public primary/middle school in Round Hill:
- ROUND HILL ELEM. (Students: 437; Location: 17115 EVENING STAR DR; Grades: PK – 05)