The quality of insulation is measured by its ability to retain air, which is not a good heat conductor. More insulation traps the air easily, can withstand low temperatures.
Although several synthetic insulation more efficient, down remains one of the best insulators. In fact, nothing is hotter or more comfortable, for a sleeping bag. In addition, the bag down is easier to compress, which facilitates its transportation and just a little more space in the rest of the backpack.
However, a few drawbacks to the down. It loses its ability to trap heat, when it is wet or soggy, it is difficult to dry, it is not recommended for people with allergies and its purchase price is higher.
For their part, the synthetic insulations are heavier (not HUGE difference!), less easy to compress and less durable than down, but they are less expensive. But, synthetic insulators absorb less water and more easily retain their heat index while drying faster. So they are less prone to mold.
* To improve the comfort of the bag, insulation and protection against the cold, use a floor mattress, which will cut the soil moisture.
* Although it increases the weight of the luggage, a lining placed inside the sleeping bag helps reduce maintenance costs, to increase the life of the bag.
Prior to storing the sleeping bag, it is recommended that you shake it and air it so that it is completely dry.
* It is better (I mean, essential) do not store the bag in his bag of transport compression, where it will be too compact. We should store it a storage bag, which is often supplied with quality sleeping bags, to allow the insulation to the volume. You can also extend it in a dry place away from the Sun, under a bed, for example. Never use plastic bag, like a bag in trash, for example.
* To wash the sleeping bag, choose a mild liquid soap for the synthetic insulation and a special SOAP for the insulation down. Products are selling around $ 10-15 to clean items down, all the sleeping bags than your example winter coats. Allow to dry in the open air.
* Wash the bag in his hand in a bathtub or in a front-loading washer, using the delicate cycle. Back zip and bring together the Velcro of the bag before proceeding.
* Dry the bag as soon as possible, especially if it is down. We do it cold or warm, air placing him in a tumble dryer on. Place a few tennis balls in the dryer to speed up the drying process to give volume to the bag and distribute the insulation inside.
Construction Tools. setting icon system tools icon. vector …
REI Co-op Magma 10 Sleeping Bag
Intex Queen Size Comfort Airbed Air Bed Mattress + Pump
Heart Waffle Iron
Navy / Grey Folding Wheeled Festival Shopping Trolley Bag
Standard Book Bag | Made in USA
Kathmandu Dry Case Camping Boating Waterproof Protection …
Wrap Mini Skirt Leather Wrap Mini Skirt – viajesacancun.co
Buy LADE Silver Plated C Piccolo Flute With Case …
Stock Illustration of Man Sawing Wood
Haba Pushing Car Baby Walker
HomCom 35" Kitchen Island Rolling Cart With 9 Bottle Wine …
Best 20+ Round house ideas on Pinterest
HomCom 24" Mobile Printer Stand / Office Storage Cabinet …
Sleeping Beauty transposon system
Navy Folding Wheeled Grocery Cart Shopping Trolley Bag
Intex 66718 Raised Queen Air bed with Built in Electric …
Chicco Next 2 Me Co-Sleeping Crib
Coleman Twin Air Bed With Built-In Pump